Mobile DJ Forums

Hi folks,

Just saying a quick hello as I'm new to the forum.

Came into the world of DJ through the side door and kinda surprised myself.

I call/host Ceilidhs (wild Scottish dancing!) at weddings and parties and was being asked more and more to DJ afterwards. After a few 'fly by the seat of my pants' moments, I thought I better learn a bit more about it and make a proper effort to do things right.

Now it's full on wedding season and I'm loving it. Still learning in a big way, but having a lot of fun at the same time.

This looks like a good place to hang out and get to know other fantastic folks who're focused on throwing the best parties.

Thanks for letting me join,

Lou :)

• Like 1

Hi Lou and welcome :clapping:

It'd be interesting to hear how the whole Ceilidh thing works - but you should post elsewhere, as this area is only for hello posts.

Thanks for the warm welcome folks. I'm sure I'll throw some ceilidh related stuff into the mix for anyone interested (in another part of the site) as it's a great way to have loads of interaction with your crowd and helps you get to know them quickly. 

Funny enough I'm doing a wedding 2mo with a Ceilidh section. Their uncle is doing the calling and giving me the music to play. Should be interesting!

I always thought it was an Irish thing not Scottish. Goes to show how much I know about it!

Edited by musicology
  • Like 1

Hi and :welcome:

Sounds like an exciting change from the norm

• Like 1

Hi Lou,

Welcome to the forum!

Paul (Tech)

• Like 1

Funny enough I'm doing a wedding 2mo with a Ceilidh section. Their uncle is doing the calling and giving me the music to play. Should be interesting!

I always thought it was an Irish thing not Scottish. Goes to show how much I know about it!

How did it go? ...and don't worry, we make 'ceilidh' difficult to spell so it's harder for folks to find out about it ;)

How did it go? ...and don't worry, we make 'ceilidh' difficult to spell so it's harder for folks to find out about it ;)

It was a really fun night and it made life easier for me as they had 3 sets of Ceilidh dancing!

Edited by musicology