Mobile DJ Forums
JustinH

Helloo

Hi everybody.

I've been a DJ since my teens having started my own mobile disco, eventually 'progressing' to pub, bar & club residencies around the North East. I spent a few years working in the town where I was born, Consett before moving to Manchester - it was then that I got a break & landed a residency in Newcastle (!) and ultimately Whitley Bay. I jacked it all in around 2003 having fallen out of love with playing music to customers who'd had way too much to drink but was talked into doing walk-in mobile gigs in September last year... Just to see if I could ever find it fun again.  Which I did.  A lot!    I've now got my first 'proper' (ish) rig (WAY better than anything I could've dreamed of in the mid 1990s) & a hotel residency where I've spent the majority of weekend evenings in the last 13 months.

I'm always on the lookout for hints, tips.. infact anything involving learning how to be a better DJ.

In my day job I'm an electronic technician working with power electronics which isn't as fun as it might sound.

Hello everybody I'm Simon I've been djying for 10 years, stopped for 2 year's, just bought a new step up as I missed gigging!! I 'm based in Nottingham 

Hello and :welcome:

Feel free to post pics of your rig and tracklisting from events as it's amazing what good tips you can learn from others.

Hi Justin! Enjoy the stay, lots of knowledgeable peeps lurk around these parts :D