Mobile DJ Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GaryC

Hi all newbie to the forum & really need some help if anyone is able to advise

Hi all im Gary back djiing after 30 years away....its changed!!!

Im doing only 10 events per annum to a crowd of 150 to 250 people. My dilemna is which active speakers to choose Yamaha RMX15's or DB Opera 915DX.  I already own an active sub (Alto TS18) I intend using just this one sub with a pair of cabs.

Has anyone had experience with either of these speakers. In understand from Yamaha the 7 year warranty is NOT transferrable but a dealer in Essex advises me the DB Warranty (also 7 years) IS transferrable.

Any thoughts that could help me decide would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Hi

Welcome along

You really need to listen to both

I have the Yamaha 12" wooden and the 15" Plastic cabs

I love the sound and regulally gig without a sub at all.

The Db is also a good cab so I think it willl be down to your preference.

Edited by DJDJ

Hi DJDJ thanks for the welcome, I have heard both speakers recently in a sales room enviornment & they both sound great, but im keen to hear from anybody who uses either of these speakers so I can obtain thier true opinion as to the sound quality & power at live events rather than a sales room. Thanks again

Are you sure the Yamahas are called RMX15? There's no RMX series on their web site.

The DB 915DX doesn't have much in the way of low end bass by the look of the spec. Not good for a 15" cab. Would be OK with a sub, but then there's no need to go for a 15".

If you've got an Alto sub, why aren't you considering Alto tops?

Sound is a very personal thing though, and you should buy what you like the sound of. No one else has got your ears. :-)

Edited by groovindj

In that case I'd suggest going with the Yamahas purely because of the Nexo connection. For use with a sub though, the 8 or 10 inch models would be better IMO.

• Like 1

Yep thats a decent thread 

Are you sure the Yamahas are called RMX15? There's no RMX series on their web site.

The DB 915DX doesn't have much in the way of low end bass by the look of the spec. Not good for a 15" cab. Would be OK with a sub, but then there's no need to go for a 15".

If you've got an Alto sub, why aren't you considering Alto tops?

Sound is a very personal thing though, and you should buy what you like the sound of. No one else has got your ears. :-)

Hi groovindj.  I bought the sub a month or so ago & was looking to buy Alto TS115a's but ive since heard too many mixed reviews about the Altos & im not sure theyre powerful enough to handle 250 people.  Thats why I was considering Yamaha or DB Opera tops. Its just so confusing im at my wits end with this

The Altos are powerful enough BUT despite what the specs say, they arent designed to run that power. They 'clip' far too early, and inevitably end up blowing drivers.

The DXRs are awesome, and have the added advantages a loads of different inbuilt options and 3 channel mixers on the back.

• Like 1

The Altos are powerful enough BUT despite what the specs say, they arent designed to run that power. They 'clip' far too early, and inevitably end up blowing drivers.

The DXRs are awesome, and have the added advantages a loads of different inbuilt options and 3 channel mixers on the back.

Thats pretty much what I thought, I would more than likely work the Altos too hard  If I were to include one Alto Sub 18 in my set up, would you suggest a pair of DXR 15's or DXR 12's

Hi Gary and welcome along.

This section is to introduce yourself and tell us a bit about you

If you'd like help please start a thread in the relevant section - just makes it neater and easier for others to find

Hi Gary and welcome along.

This section is to introduce yourself and tell us a bit about you

If you'd like help please start a thread in the relevant section - just makes it neater and easier for others to find

Will do thanks for the welcome, ill start a new thread  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

• Like 1